December 1st, 2006
TO SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS
TO HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS
TO THE PEOPLE IN GENERAL
The transition from the fascist Vicente Fox to the equally fascist Felipe Calderón was marked by the vile acts of repression committed against the dignified people of Oaxaca in a special way this week:
• Detention of and holding protesters incommunicado since the 25th of November and their transfer to the maximum security prison in San Francisco del Rincón, Nayarit.
• The negation of their family members, attorneys and representatives of humans rights organizations to see them and verify their state of health.
• Torture[s] committed on the detained.
• Arbitrary and violent detentions of youth at the barricades, students and teachers in their respective centers of work[,] the majority of them still not presented.
• In one act of impunity, the subjects accused with assassinating independent [i.e., IndyMedia] reporter, Bradley Will, were freed from the prison in Etla, while the 143 detained in Nayarit are subject to ‘committal orders’ [tr.; auto de formal prisión: order for the commitment of the defendant, a court order directing a defendant in a criminal action to be held in custody pending trial]
• State terrorism applied vis-à-vis heavily armed police patrols belonging to the different forces and by means of the use of the clandestine government radio station (Radio Ciudana), in order to turn in, assassinate, and burn the houses of members of the APPO or the churches where support has been given to the protesters.
Nevertheless, the good people of Oaxaca returned today to the streets to demand:
• The ouster of Ulises Ruiz Ortiz and the Federal Preventative Police [PFP] from the state.
• Presentation, alive, of the disappeared.
• Freedom for the prisoners, the suspension of torture and violation of the human rights of the prisoners and of the population in general.
While, Ulises Ruiz and the PFP remain in Oaxaca, while there is even only one detained or disappeared person, while the assassins of our fallen compañeros are still not persecuted, there will be no rest for these governments and their hangmen, and the threat of Felipe Calderón’s “hard hand” [policy] persists. THE APPO LIVES, THE FIGHT GOES ON!
RESPECT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS AND CONSTITUTIONAL GUARANTEES IN OUR STATE!
LEAVE, ULISES RUIZ AND THE FEDERAL OCCUPYING FORCES!
THE DISMANTLING PARAMILITARY GROUPS!
IMMEDIATE AND UNCONDITIONAL FREEDOM FOR THE POLITICAL PRISONERS!
PRESENT, ALIVE, THE DISAPPEARED!
PUNISHMENT OF THE ASSASSINS OF THE COMPAÑEROS DURING THE STRUGGLE!
FOR OUR DEAD, PRISONERS, AND DISAPPEARED, NOT ONE STEP BACK!
All the power to the people!
COMMITTEE FOR THE DEFENSE OF THE RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE
POPULAR ASSEMBLY OF THE PEOPLES OF OAXACA
This post is also available in: Spanish