Dear comrades, We are writing to introduce the Solidarity Without Borders Campaign, a coordinated, sustained, three-pronged campaign in solidarity with immigrant and indigenous struggles across North and Latin America. Anti-authoritarian groups from across the Northeast and Midwest USA have come together to form the Solidarity Without Borders Group. —- This working group came out of the recent Consulta of the Northeast Anarchist Network (NEAN) and Midwest Action Network (MAN). The proposal was initiated by the Boston Anti-Authoritarian Movement (BAAM) and NYC Local Union of the North East Federation of Anarchist Communists (NEFAC), and has been joined by anarchists from over a dozen other towns and cities.
The campaign emerges in light of the escalating war on indigenous communities in Mexico and immigrant communities in the United States: In light of military and paramilitary aggression against the peoples of Oaxaca and Chiapas, in light of Plan Mexico and the Security & Prosperity Partnership, in light of recent attacks on immigrants here in the USA, and in light of the corporate invasion and displacement of their communities.
The campaign arose in response to calls to action from the Zapatista Army of National Liberation (EZLN), from the Council of the Indigenous Peoples of Oaxaca-Ricardo Flores Magon (CIPO-RFM), and from New York City’s Movement for Justice in El Barrio (MJB).
Please join us in Solidarity Without Borders, endorse this campaign, and begin to organize within your communities and alongside us.
For Solidarity Without Borders!
Our Call To Action:
We are calling for a coordinated, sustained, three pronged campaign by the anarchist movement in the United States to:
1. confront repression of our comrades, shut down Plan Mexico and SPP, and stop the invasion of rebel territory in Mexico
2. confront repression of immigrant communities in our own cities and regions
3. confront the corporations invading communities both here in the northeast and south of the border
* We recognize, with the Zapatistas, that these struggles are intertwined and none of these things can be won without the others *
1. To take action at US government offices, Mexican consulates, and offices of related corporations across the region.
2. To support local and national actions in defense of immigrants, with the ultimate goal of shutting down all ICE detention centers and offices.
3. To support the International Campaign in Defense of El Barrio being launched by Movement for Justice in El Barrio.
4. To raise resources and supplies, if and when needed, for our comrades in Chiapas, Oaxaca, and El Barrio.
5. To send a delegation to Southern Mexico, in the event of invasion or escalating repression, to stand alongside our brothers and sisters.
Our Next Steps:
1. Local groups send delegates to the new Solidarity Without Borders Group.
2. Local groups make contact with local organizations in their area, join local coalitions and support their struggles.
3. Local groups support other organizations and actions with common goals in their communities.
4. Local groups visit government and corporate offices, delivering letters and ultimatums to those responsible.
5. Local groups plan and implement creative direct actions, beginning no later than May Day, sooner in the event of invasion or escalating repression.
Contact: [email protected]
For more information:
On the situation in Chiapas: chiapas.indymedia.org (Spanish)
On the situation in Oaxaca: https://elenemigocomun.net
On Plan Mexico:
On the Security & Prosperity Partnership:
On Movement for Justice in El Barrio: http://www.narconews.com/Issue42/article2037.html
On the border & the war on immigrants: http://deletetheborder.org
On immigrant solidarity groups in your area: