From February 20 – 22, 2009, the Second Statewide Congress of the Popular Assembly of the Peoples of Oaxaca (APPO) was convened at the Teachers’ Hotel in the city of Oaxaca. Seen as both an important and controversial event, it inspired much discussion and debate inside and outside of the congress. Here, El Enemigo Común presents several documents relating to the congress, in both English and Spanish, in an effort to provide readers with an understanding of these developments.
- Declaration of the Second Statewide APPO Conference
- “The APPO has to rebuild trust and credibility”
- Recapturing the Spirit of 2006: Reflections on the Second Statewide APPO Conference
- VOCAL’s participation in the Second APPO Conference
- ¡¡¡FREE THE APPO!!!
- Anti-communist tendencies in the APPO
This post is also available in: Spanish